Saturday, November 19, 2005

I too have a lame-ass blog

Wow. My very first blog. I imagine one day in the future my children and their children's children will be issued these at birth (along with a pair of moon boots and some SPF 400 sun-block). Think about it - every single person on the planet will have an ongoing record of all their thoughts, ideas and petty grievances from birth to death (for the purpose of this scenario, "every single person" means "every single person born in an industrialized, first world nation").

So what is the best part about the blog? Is it how it allows the average man or woman to have their voice potentially reach millions of people, all over the world? Is it the way that cutting-edge political blogs have reshaped the way we look at the traditional media, cutting out the middle man and disseminating inforamtion as soon as it happens, raw and unedited? Not even close - it's the revisionist history that appeals to me. Like this one time, a friend of mine had said some... questionable things about her mother online. Long story short - turns out old people know how to use computers as well. Who knew? So what did my friend do when faced with this awkward situation? What any self respecting historian would do - she erased the post. Let's see you prove my incriminating words now.

So that's why I love the blog. It's everyone's own personal selective history.

And for the record, my Mom is fan-tastic.

7 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tres drole (sp?) esp moon boots&SPF 400.
I will now book mark your blog. (consider yourself privileged)
S.S.

 
At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...I love it. The power to re-write history!!!

And yes, Maureen is fantastic; she put up with us basically living in the basement and decorating it in pop bottles and pizza boxes for all of our high school years.

Go Maureen!!!

Toni :P

 
At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad I can log on and get my fill of Ian-humor while on the road. Love you tons, Ian!
Jilly

 
At 2:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the life of a funny man! I'll come to the next show hon. Until then, don't chuck a sad, the big smoke ain't that bad! You're the funniest guy I know (and the closest I am ever going to get to meeting Hugh Grant).
Luv, Michelle

 
At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If i didn't love you so much, i'd have to kill you (thats love in a very brother man type, not some gay "wanna-do-ya" type...

i'm not gay

steve m

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ian....love your blog....i before e except after c....eg receipt...!! p;us a typo on information..(did I want to be a teacher in the past ???)
...what the hell...at least I read it...and I agree...your mum is FANTASTIC....

Keep believing !!! even though you are in the most weirdly "insecure" world of thespians !!

Best regards, Michele M...your fan and thespian bud in Halifax...Hugh Grant eh ??? yeah, I can see that!!

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ian,
It's your old neighbour down here in little old dartmouth. shannon :)

Your mom sent me your blog so my family could see how you are doing. It's nice to hear your doing well.

I can't believe you are all the way up in Toronto living a new big life. Well I'm in high school now. Grade 10 at P.A. Growing up :P ahaha. Things are changing so fast!

We all hope you are doing well and that we will see you soon.

And this is a impressive blog. Good job.



Shannon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home