Monday, March 06, 2006

Polar Bears Join the WWF!

Greetings loyal readers. I come before you with a worthy cause. The Earth. I enjoy it. I'd like to see it kick around for a while longer. At least until I die (my kids are on their own). Now I personally am not opposed to a little global warming. I do live in Canada after all. A couple extra degrees here and there might actually bring our winters down to a "chilly", as opposed to "soul-crushing", temperature.

But of course, I'm sure that my gradual climate change plan would have some kind of downside I can't see right now. Probably in Mexico. While our temperature might rise enough to permit wearing only one comfortable jacket in the winter, I imagine people in Latin America would just begin spontaneously combusting. So I guess it behooves us to keep the climate more or less where it is.

Which brings me to my pitch. This April the 29th, I will be participating in the World Wildlife Foundation's annual CN Tower Climb. It's pretty much exactly what it sounds like, and I'll be trying to raise pledges for the WWF to use in their (apparently non-violent) battle agaist global climate change.

Oh, the things I get roped into when I'm surfing the web at work.

So this is where you come in. I want you to be those suckers-I mean, pledges. You can make them on my own personally-customized website here. They say $20 suggested donation, but feel free to donate whatever you like. If not for me, then do it for Roger.


above: Roger, the activist polar bear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home