Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Links a Poppin'

So it's plug time again for Ian. I realizing that as of late this blog is becoming less a journal of my thoughts and more an ongoing web-based advertisement. As much as the idea of the internet playing host to advertising (of all things) disgusts me, there are a few shows I'm doing to let people know about.

First is my weekly Lord of the Things plug. The show is getting tighter every week, and should be in great shape by the time we actually open (Mar. 3rd, btw).

Next is a show that I will be briefly appearing in this Sunday night called The Second City That Never Sleeps. It's a 24-hour comedy-a-thon starting this Sunday at 10:30 on the Second City Mainstage. How it works is you can get in anytime for $20, and stay as long as you like. But if you leave, it's another $20 to re-enter. I know $20 seems steep, but it's for charity (so they're allowed to over-charge). I'll be appearing with a group of Conservatory Graduates during the sweet 4-5am slot. Some of the other acts that I'm looking forward to include Monkey Toast, Catch 23, Knock Knock Who's There Comedy, and The Neutrino Project. There's lot's more acts, but those are just the ones I feel like plugging right now. Oh yeah, and it's for charity: The Theraputic Clown Project at the Toronto Sick Kids Hospital, and the Toronto Star Fresh Air Fund. So that's another reason to come.


And the final show I'm plugging... well, this is the one I'm rapidly getting the most excited about. It's the Theatresports show (also at the Bad Dog, opens Mar. 4th). Not only have the rehearsals with Jack Mosshammer and Lisa Merchant been a blast, but it sounds like the show is going to be something of a big deal. I mean, this post on the Bad Dog website really makes it sound like it's going to be the second coming. My favourite parts are:

"In the early to mid-80s, Theatresports was one of the hottest shows in Toronto - there was just nothing else like it and audiences flowed for years. The Second City (not to mention SNL) habitually raided the ranks of the cast for themselves."

"The Artistic Trio are dedicated to putting this show back on the map as one of the premiere improv shows in the city, a place where new and upcoming talent comes to develop."

and

"We're going to work really hard at plugging this show to the media and the public as much as we can."

So yay Theatresports. Once again, I'm not getting any money for doing this. But I think of much worse ways to pay one's dues.

Oh, and stay tuned for my next blog entry, all about Ian's first exposure to the fascinating world of... extra work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home