Friday, January 27, 2006

What? I still have a blog?

Hey everyone. I know it's been while since I updated this thing, but in my defense, I've had an unreasonable amount of free time lately. You see, having too much spare time somehow seems to breed inactivity with me. It doesn't make much sense, but then again, neither do I.

So I'm back in to full-on plug mode again. That's right, Approximately 3 Peters have some shows coming up. First off, we are appearing with the enormously talented Mrs. Chickaburn's Old-Fashioned Comedy Cookies this Sunday night (and by "appearing with", I of course mean "opening for"). The show will be $5, at Clinton's Bar (693 Bloor St. W), and starts at 9pm. Best not to get there late, as you just might miss us.

Next up, we'll be appearing (again) at the famous SketchComedy Lounge on Tuesday night. I always find this a tough room, so any support you might have would be encouraging.

Beyond that we've got some improv gigs booked next month, and another night at The Bad Dog Theatre's Sketch Night. And speaking of the Bad Dog...

I've told most people about this, but I'm now ready to announce it to the world. I voted Conservative! No wait, that's not true (and shame on those who did). I'm going to be appearing in the Bad Dog Theatre's upcoming improvised parody of Lord of the Rings, Lord of the Things!




Actually, as I type this, I'm pretty sure that I already posted about the show. But now I have more details! It's funny! (that's the first detail). The cast is a mix of really funny "up and comers" and some fantastic established improvisers from around the city. Guess which one I am. From the looks of things, I'll be playing the Dark Lord himself early on. No, not Stephen Harper (ha ha, political satire is fun!), but eventually I may be playing other parts. I can't promise how soon I'll actually be in the show; you see, there's a cast of about 23, and some of them (okay, most of them) have a lot more seniority than myself. But hopefully I'll know soon when I'll be onstage. And like I said, the show is funny. I legally guarantee that. We've been having a blast in rehearsals, so as long as we don't burn ourselves out it should still be funny with an audience.

As well, I'm going to be doing another show at the Bad Dog this summer. Geez, if they keep not paying me to do their shows, I just may have to... keep doing their shows. It's actually unfortunate, doing this show meant backing out of another show I was really looking forward to. But I did agree to this first (fairness, etc). It looks like it'll be a revolving team cage-match type improv show. I do know it'll be on Saturday nights at 8pm, and they have some kick ass people lined up. I'll have even more info on that soon, and I'll be sure to make sure everybody knows about it.

Let's see... specific Ian news. Like I said, lots of free time lately. I had a few auditions this week, and I've submitted for summer theatre work. I've been e-mailing back and forth with my friend Jen in Korea. In my e-mails I've been thoughtfully including Korean translations for such handy phrases as "Forgive me, I did not mean to dishonour your Gas Station". I've been rehearsing a lot lately, and I just read a fantastic biography of John Belushi. Oh yeah, and today I had the greatest grocery shopping experience ever! Since I moved to Toronto, I've been shopping at the Dominion store in my neighborhood. Well, today I had the time so I took the subway to the nearest discount grocery store, here known as No Frills. It was INCREDIBLE! I saved literally $35 on my groceries, and I got twice as many fruits and vegetables as I have ever bought. I bought ginger root, for gods' sakes! I don't even know how to cook anything with ginger root. But at 29 cents, how could I afford not to get it?

So yeah, come on over to Ian's house. Apparently I'll be cooking in the near future.

2 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Joe Tuck said...

good blog ian. really enjoyed it. tuck

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA!!!!!!



are you doing any improv this weekend coming. Feb 4-5?

Stef

 

Post a Comment

<< Home