Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Update: Christmas 2

Hey everyone. I know it's been a while since I wrote anything on this blog, but my holiday home in Nova Scotia has ironically been very busy. I don't have much time to post, so here's some highlights:

- Getting profoundly wasted at a friendly get together; this was brought on by a combination of cheap shiraz and my overestimating how many 'special brownies' I could reasonably ingest. I was so gone, I literally wore someone else's shoes home from the party.

- Continuing mine and Shawn's yearly tradition of watching "The Muppet Family Christmas" together. It's the one where all the muppets go out to Fozzie's mother's farm house, and are then joined by the Sesame Street gang, and the Fraggles. This time we had to watch Shawn's 15-year-old VHS tape, with the screen jumping so much that we could scarcely tell a muppet from a fraggle. It's okay: we know all the words anyway.

- Sharing my love of Spider-Man comics with my 2-year-old cousin, Jack, much to the chagrin of his wearied mother.

- Apparently my American uncle makes really great biscotti. Who knew?

- Today's Boxing Day deals: Season 1 of "LOST" for $30!!!, Season 6 of "the Simpsons" also for $30, and finally the "Best of SNL: Phil Hartman" and a wonderfully obscure little movie called "The Wrong Guy", starring Dave Foley.

- Spending most of today palling around with my buddy Rhys, which almost single-handedly pulled me out of the funk I've been in this entire trip. The greatest thing I've heard all week was said by his delightful fiance Andrea. She was showing me the gift Rhys had made for her, a Zombie-Apocalypse-Survival-Kit (I'm serious), complete with machete. While showing me this she remarked to her future husband, as if stating the most obvious thing in the world, "You gave me a machete. I love you". That honestly warmed my heart in a way no Jimmy Stewart film ever could.

There's more anecdotage, and I'm forgetting most of it. But I'm sure that if I'm interested enough I'll do a follow-up post. Oh, and tomorrow, I'm going to call someone and suggest something really foolish. Wish me luck.

Merry Christmas break.


1 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been able to find Muppet Christmas on tv yet this year... so sad.

Good luck with your phone call and your foolish suggestion!

All the best in 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home