Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Thursday Thursday Thursday

Hey everyone. For the record, it's not really Thursday. It's actually Tuesday. But I'm writing to tell you all about this coming Thursday night, when my sketch group and I will be presenting not just any show, but our first self-promoted sketch show. The title:

Peter Gal, Pete Hill, and Ian MacIntyre are...

Approximately 3 Peters

in.....

ROCK HARDER!!!

featuring Toronto favourites My First Crush!

The show will be this Thursday, Dec. the 8th, at the Oasis (294 College St) at 8pm.

Admission to this extravaganza will cost you $5.

So that's it. Come on, come all. Preferably all. So this being a self-indulgent blog and all, I feel that I owe you a little more insight into the show than just a sales pitch. So here it is:

- I don't actually know if My First Crush (the other group) are any good. I don't know if they're bad either - I've never seen them perform. I just know that I've improvised with one of the guys in their group, and he's really funny. So I guess I choose to assume that he is representative of his peers.

- We're doing about 40% new material for this show, which is kind of exciting. Scott: it's definitely enough stuff you won't have seen to be worth coming.

- This show will see the return of my old standby character, Dr. W.H. Waldorf. For the 5 of you out there reading this who know what I'm talking about, this may be a good or bad thing.

- If the night goes well, we'll close with a big group-jam improv set. I have no assurances that this will take place.

- This is the first show I've ever organized here in Toronto. And I'm not nervous about it (well, a little), but I do hope to continue doing so in the future.

So that's it. Hope to see you all (or some, even) there. And now some "OK Computer" to put me to sleep. Cheers.

2 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - your're first self promoted show - that is great - wish we could be there - I for one think that Dr. Waldorf deserves a resurrection - or perhaps it should be rebirth since we are in the Christmas season and not Easter. Positive thoughts will be flowing your way on the evening of the 8th......
Mother of Ian

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Ian...I am going to make a God honest attempt at coming to this show. I have been away for the year, have missed all the others...and am in need of some Ian Humour. I am also a HUGE fan of Dr.W.H. Waldorf!!! So, I will pack up my suit wearing, non-theatre going boyfriend and see if you can make him laugh...NO PRESSURE!! If you screw this up he will NEVER go to ANY type of live performance again. JK. I luv you, and can't wait to see it!!!

Michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home