Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Update: Christmas

Okay, so the last blog enrty was a little dark. No that's not the word I'm looking for. Whiny, that's what it was. So I guess it behooves me to talk about something a little happier. 'Tis the season and all.

I've been back in Nova Scotia for about 2 days now, and the trip has already been illuminating. The first thing I did yesterday was meet up with Mark and Shawn and go to the mall, which I feel pretty much sets the tone for these trips home. It was great, we joked about old comedy movies and went last minute Christmas shopping. It's strange though - every time I come home, I feel less and less like I'm a part of things here. Over the last few months progress has marched forward; people have gotten married, had children, started careers. I guess just because home is always on my mind while I'm away, doesn't mean that I'm on home's mind. As we get older, we all acknowlege that certain things are going to be lost; I guess no one ever realizes how fast that happens. It's like everwhere I look here in Dartmouth, I'm reminded of something I'll never do or an experience I'll never have again.

Of course, I'm mainly talking about my friends - things have been entirely normal with my family. My Mom is baking goods at an alarming rate, my Dad and brother are very much themselves (in a good way), and I've already discovered where most of the Christmas presents are hidden.

I've only been home for 3 days, but I already want to run away so that I can process everything that's happened. Does that make me weird?

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger acurrie said...

Yes. Now on matters more important... Are you bringing any of your mom's baked goods back to T.O. with you?

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home