Sunday, January 08, 2006

Put a Smile on My Face

The other day, I recieved quite possibly the greatest e-mail ever. Allow me to excerpt parts of it for you:

"So, I went to look at your web log but discovered that I had deleted the email that had the link... So, I googled your name and while I did not find your blog, I did find a number of different Ian MacIntyres. I decided to tell you all about them below:

Ian MacIntyre in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Waterloo wrote an article with Bruno R. Preiss entitled The Effect of Cache on the Performance of a Multi-Threaded Pipelined RISC Processor.
*Kelly gave this Ian 3 out of 10 stars..."


I swear to God, it goes on like this for two pages. And it only gets funnier. When I first read this, I laughed out loud for several minutes, which is impressive considering that it was about 12:30 at night and my apartment has very thin walls. My personal favourite part is the ending:

"Rest assured you are still my favorite Ian"

As if there was ever any doubt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home